Glad You’re Here
Are you stressed with major emotional/behavioral struggles with your child/adolescent? Are you feeling overwhelmed and unhappy?
Are you in transition and experiencing stress, depression and/or anxiety?
I have over 20 years of experience specializing in therapy with children/ adolescents, families, and adults. I value spirituality and the importance of holistic individualized treatment in working with clients to facilitate your self-evaluation, personal growth, change/healing in your life and relationships.
My psychotherapy experience spans all levels of clinical practice, i.e., inpatient hospitalization, residential, basic and out-patient therapy, i.e., 8.5 years at Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic in Pittsburgh, PA, (Children/adolescents and adults). I served as the Director of Residential Treatment at Methodist Children’s Home, and as a psychotherapist at DSHS..
I have published on diagnoses relative to children/adolescents/families/college students. I have presented on diagnoses/evidence-based treatments at national/state/local conferences.I am passionate about women’s health issues (teen pregnancy/postpartum depression/maternal health). Locally, I am on the BOD of NAMI Waco, Co-Chair for the 2018 NAMI Waco Gala, and Advisor for NAMI on Campus.
Content to come…
- Doctorate In Social Work (DSW), Capella University
- MSW Clinical Social Work, University of Pittsburgh
- BS Psychology, with minor in Women’s Studies and Communication, University of Pittsburgh
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW
- Texas State Social Work Licensing, Board Approved Supervisor
Clinical Practicums and Clinical Training
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic (WPIC)
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
Prosper Waco/United Way, Women’s Health/Mental Health CommitteeProsper Waco, Health Steering Committee
- National Asociation of Social Workers, Texas (NASW, TX)
Chair of Women’s Issues Committee (WIC)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI Waco) Board of Directors
Advisor, NAMI on Campus Tarleton State, Waco